UGC National Eligibility Test
The National Eligibility Test (NET) also known as UGC NET or CBEC NET, is a test to determine eligibility for college and university level lecturership and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals. It aims to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in teaching professions and research.
|Exam Name||UGC National Eligibility Test|
|Commonly was known as||UGC NET|
|Exam Standards||National Level|
|Conducting Body||University Grants Commission|
|Course Offered||Junior Research Fellowships & Lectureship|
About Joint UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the UGC-CSIR NET for Science subjects, namely, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF Physical Sciences, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF Chemical Sciences, UGC-CSIR-NET Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean and Planetary Sciences jointly with the UGC. The Exam conducted jointly with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. The concerned notification are issued separately by CSIR.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Notification
Update: As per latest news, the UGC NET exam will be held once in the year 2018. However, official dates for CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam have not been released yet. Candidates recommended to keep checking this website on routine basis for latest news and updates.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Dates
|CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Official notification will be released||April 2018|
|Submission of online application form will start from||April 2018|
|Last date for applying online||May 2018|
|Last date for submission of application fee through Bank Challan||May 2018|
|Correction in application form if any||May 2018|
|Admit card issuance date||June 2018|
|UGC NET 2018 exam||June 2018|
|Answer keys & OMR Sheet will be available||June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||July 2018|
Note: All dates mentioned in the above table are tentative at present because official dates have not been released yet. Whenever the CBSE will announce official dates, we will update same here without any delay.
UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Each candidate must fulfill requisite eligibility criteria to appear in the UGC NET 2018 exam. The important eligibility conditions for appearing in CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam are as below:
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must be a post-graduate degree holder from a recognised university/institute.
- Subjects: The CBSE will conducts NET in 84 subjects at various examination centres throughout the country.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: They should have obtained at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Relaxation: There will be relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination to Ph.D. degree holders (or equivalent) and candidates belonging to reserved category (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD).
Age Criteria for UGC NET
- For Junior Research Fellowship: Candidate’s age should not exceed 28 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: There is relaxation of 5 years to the candidates belonging to reserved category (SC/ST, OBC-NCL, PwD). Candidates having research experience are also eligible to seek relaxation. LL.M. degree holder will be eligible for 3 year age relaxation.
- For Assistant Professor: No upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018
The examination will consist of three papers i.e. Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. Paper-wise details such as maximum marks, number of questions and duration of exam are placed in the following table, check details:
|Papers||Session||Total Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|Paper-I||First||60 questions (out of which 50 needs to be attempted)||100||1.15 Hours|
|Paper-II||Second||50 questions (all are compulsory)||100||1.15 Hours|
|Paper-III||Third||75 questions (all are compulsory)||150||2.30 Hours|
UGC NET Paper-I Pattern
- The Paper-I will be held in first session and duration will be 1.15 hours i.e. 75 minutes.
- Total 60 questions comprises General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, Divergent thinking.
- However, candidates needs to attempt only 50 questions.
- Paper-I will be designed in a manner to check teaching/research aptitude, general nature of the candidate.
- All the questions in this paper will objective type in nature.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Candidates are advised to attempt whole question paper as there will be no negative marking for wrong answer.
UGC NET Paper-II Pattern
- UGC NET Paper-II will be held in second session and the duration of the test will be 1.15 hours i.e. 75 minutes.
- The paper will contain total 50 question based on subject selected by the candidates.
- All the questions are necessary to attempt.
- The paper will be of 100 marks i.e. each question will carry 2 marks.
- All the questions will be objective type questions.
- There is no negative marking for wrong attempt.
UGC NET Paper-III Pattern
- The Paper-III will be held in the third session and exam duration will be 2.30 hours.
- Paper will consist of 75 multiple choice questions related to subjected selected by the candidate.
- The maximum marks of the question paper will be 150 marks.
- Every question will carry 2 marks.
- No negative marking is applicable.
- Examination Scheme for Joint UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF:
Single paper test having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) is divided in three parts A, B and C.
Subject Part Number of Questions Marks Total Marks Duration Physical Sciences A 15 out of 20 questions to be attempted 30 200 3 Hours B 20 out of 25 questions to be attempted 70 C 20 out of 30 questions to be attempted 100 Chemical Sciences A 15 out of 20 questions to be attempted 30 200 3 Hours B 35 out of 50 questions to be attempted 70 C 25 out of 60 questions to be attempted 100 Life Sciences A 15 out of 20 questions to be attempted 30 200 3 Hours B 35 out of 50 questions to be attempted 70 C 25 out of 75 questions to be attempted 100
The full syllabus for UGC NET 2018 has been listed on the official website or can be checked in the syllabus section. Click here for full syllabus